Terms & Conditions at Zakynthos Car Hire
Driver-renter must be 23 yrs old at least and have a valid Driving License held for at least one year prior to rental period. An International Driving License is required by Greek Law for all driver- renters that are not citizens of the European Community or who do not have a European Drivers permit. Also an International Driving License must accompany any driving License in characters that are not readable in English or Greek. The maximum rental age is 65 years.
Additional drivers are subject to the same age and license requirements as the driver-renter of the vehicle. Surcharge for each additional driver is 3€ per day.
The minimum rental period for online bookings is three days.In case you wish to rent a car for shorter period please e-mail us at email@example.com or call us at +30 26951 00355 & +30 6974310314.
When collecting the vehicle:
- All driver-renters need to have:
- A valid Driving License.
- Passport or ID
- Reservation number(for online reservations)
- The driver-renter will be given a Rental Agreement which has to check and sign. The Rental Agreement will show all services and insurances provided as well as any extra services/insurances that the driver-renter might request with their relevant charges.
- It is very important that the driver-renter checks and reports any means of damages on the vehicle in order to avoid any charges regarding damages caused by a previous renter.
In case the driver-renter fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and time without any prior written or telephone conversation, Zakynthos Car Hire will cancel the reservation after 1 hour.Zakynthos Car Hirereserves the right to not return any deposit.
The vehicle is delivered to the driver- renter in good overall condition and without apparent defects. Any complaints as to its condition must be made to Zakynthos Car Hire immediately on delivery. The driver- renter agrees to return it with all accessories and in the same condition at the location, time and date designated in the Rental Agreement, otherwise renter will be responsible to compensate Zakynthos Car Hire in addition to the normal rental charge. Zakynthos Car Hire reserves the right to take back the vehicle at any time without demand at driver- renter’s expense if the vehicle is used in violation of the Rental agreement
The driver- renter is expected to look after the vehicle, and to return it at the same condition as it was when it was picked up, and generally to behave in a prudent manner. Any repair of the vehicle by the driver- renter or any other person without permission is not allowed. Vehicle must not be used : a) to carry persons or property for hire, b) to tow any vehicle, to trailer or other object c) to participate in racing or to follow Rallies d) if the driver- renter or any other authorized drivers are under the influence of alcohol, medication, drug etc. e) in contravention of any customs, traffic or other regulations f) by any other third person than the driver- renter and any additional driver for purpose contrary to the Greek Law.
At the end of the agreed rental period, Holiday Drive allows a grace period of 15 minutes free of charge after which, the renter will be charged with 15 euros per hour after the agreed return time which is written at the Rental Agreement.
Payment can be done when you will pick up the car. We accept cash and all credit and debit cards.In case you wish to pay by credit or debit card you have to request this from Zakynthos Car Hire in advance.
In case you wish to cancel or amend your reservation please e-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Zakynthos Car Hire Reservations Department at +30 269 100355. We will appreciate an early notification in case you need to cancel or amend your reservation.Deposits are not refundable.
All authorized drivers of Holiday Drive vehicles are covered with Third Party Insurance , Personal Accident Insurance and Full insurance (Collision Damage Waiver).Above coverages are subject to General Terms of the Holiday Drive’s insurance contract with its Insurer.
It’s included in the price of the Zakynthos Car Hire’s rented vehicle and covers third parties in case of death or body injuries, including passengers (except the driver of the Holiday Drive’s vehicle), up to 1.000,000 euros and material damages to third parties up to 1.000,000 euros.
Personal Accident Insurance covers the driver-renter with maximum 15,000 euros for death, total or partial disability and 1,000 euros for for medical expenses resulting from an accident with the rented vehicle from Zakynthos Car Hire and is included in the price.
All our rates include Full Insurance (Collision Damage Waiver) with excess amount that limits the customer's financial responsibility for damage to the rental vehicle. The maximum excess that is payable in the event of an accident will vary depending on the vehicle category you are renting. The excess amount ranges from about €500 to €2,000 and will be specified in the Rental Agreement of the vehicle directly with the Zakynthos Car Hire.
C.D.W. covers repair cost in case of an accident .This type of insurance is not valid for damages underside of the vehicle,to interior and the roof.Also is not valid for windows, glass screens, rims, canvas roofs, wheel covers, mirrors, the antenna, tires and other accessories.
CDW is valid only if the full terms and conditions of the rental agreement and the Greek Traffic Law have not been violated. Mandatory condition is that the driver-renter completes and signs the Zakynthos Car Hire’s Accident Report (according to the article K70 of the Greek Traffic Law)before the end of the rental,regardless his responsibility or not.
All our vehicles can be rented with Fully Comprehensive Insurance with NO EXCESS that covers repair cost to the rental vehicle including damages to interior, glass screens, rims, canvas roof, wheel covers, mirrors, the antenna, tires, and other accessories.The roof and the underside of the vehicle are excluded. Fully Comprehensive Insurance is optional and you can request it locally. The cost per day to benefit from Fully Comprehensive Insurance is depended on the vehicle category chosen. F.C.I is valid only under the condition that the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement and the Greek traffic law have not been violated. Mandatory condition is that the driver-renter completes and signs the Zakynthos Car Hire’s Accident Report (according to the article K70 of the Greek Traffic Law)before the end of the rental,regardless his responsibility or not.
No insurance coverage is valid:
- If the driver-renter of the vehicle is unauthorized from Holiday Drive and therefore not included as a driver in the rental agreement.
- When the driver-renter causes an accident under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- When the vehicle is not returned on date and at the time of return which is written at the Rental Agreement
- When the vehicle was driven with a flat tire or damaged.
- When the driver-renter violates Greek Traffic Law by driving fast and recklessly.
- When the vehicle has been driven on not asphalt paved roads, taking part in racing or other illegal activities.
- If the driver-renter doesn’t take all the necessary precaution measures for secure parking and locking of the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is illegally parked.
- Lost or damaged key
- If the vehicle is damaged or stolen by renter's culpability or negligence, the driver-renter will be liable, up to the total vehicle’s commercial value at the time of accident or theft.
- For damages caused intentionally or by negligence.
- For damages caused by incorrect fuel.
- For damages caused as a result of a breach of the Rental Agreement’s terms and conditions.
- For damages caused while Zakynthos Car Hire’s vehicle was on board ship or while the vehicle was not driven on Zakynthos island.
Zakynthos Car Hire is not liable for personal belongings / Valuables that were stolen / lost from the vehicle or damaged during an accident.
In case of loss or damage of key during the rental period, the driver-renter is liable for following charges:
- 200€ for Mini and Economy category
- 250€ for Compact category
- 320€ for Executive, Convertible, Full size and Mini Van category
In case of an accident or any other incident (fire, theft etc.) the driver-renter is responsible to follow the insurance procedure as set below:
- Contact Zakynthos Car Hire immediately
Telephone: +30 2695 100355, Mobile: +30 6974310314
- Take photos of the accident
- Obtain names and addresses of eyewitnesses and the name and the addresses of the driver and the data of the vehicle, with which vehicle may have collided.
- Do not acknowledge third party claims
- Complete and sign an accident report
- Do not accept any responsibility or fault for the accident, until the police have found the guilty party.
- Call the police if necessary
Insurance does not issue unless a Zakynthos Car Hire representative appears.
The driver-renter is liable for the payment of all traffic violation fines that may occur during the rental period. In case the driver- renter does not pay the fine(s) and Zakynthos Car Hire intervenes to the procedure, there will be an Administration Fee for the fine of 25€ additional to the fine's cost.
Holiday Drive vehicles are not allowed to be transported by ferry boat.Also Zakynthos Car Hire vehicles are not allowed to be used outside Zakynthos island due to insurance restrictions. Please note that any damage during transit will be paid in full by the driver –renter.
In case of an accident, according to the article K70 0f the Greek Traffic Law driver-renter is obliged to complete an incident report form and to pay a non refundable fee of 50€ in order to cover administration expenses regardless his responsibility.
Delivery and Collection is free. You can pick up or drop off your chosen rental vehicle anywhere on the island for free of charge 7 days a week from 08.00 to 22.00. After Office Hours Delivery and Collection are subject to a 15€ charge and is payed locally. Also Delivery and Collection at some areas (KAMPI / ST’NIKOLAS PORT/VOLIMES/KERI )are charged differently due to distance. Please check our online booking system for more details. The difference is calculated automatically upon area selection.
Fuel consumption is always payable by the renter. The renter is obliged to return the vehicle with the same level of fuel, when the rental period began otherwise a charge of gasoline* in addition to a refueling fee of 10€ will apply.
UNLEADED FUEL only to be used in our vehicles.
Zakynthos Car Hire does not give refunds for excess fuel.
* Depends on the valid average fuel cost.
Vehicles are reserved by vehicle category and not by vehicle model.Zakynthos Car Hire reserves the right to provide a different vehicle model to that originally reserved of an equivalent or higher vehicle category.
Available only upon request and cost 4€ per day
Available only upon request and cost 3€ per day.
Available only upon request and cost 2€ per day.
All rates and charges include VAT 23% and Local Taxes
- The renter of his representative acknowledges that he acquires no rights other than state in the Rental Agreement.
- All additional authorized drivers are jointly and severally liable with the driver-renter under the Rental Agreement.
- The Rental Agreement supersedes any other written or verbal agreement between Zakynthos Car Hire and renter.
- Any and all disputes which may appeal between Zakynthos Car Hire and renter will be settled before the competent courts of Greece.
If the driver- renter wants to keep the vehicle longer than the contracted period, he has to contact Holiday Drive in order to extend his Rental Agreement upon availability.
Subject to change without prior notice. Rates in force on commencement of rental will apply as approved by the Greek National Tourist Association.